Saturday, March 14, 2015

Angels in Disguise

To the manager named Tiffany at Schlotzskys on Camp Bowie Street, in Fort Worth, Texas:  Thank you.  There are so many things I want to thank you for, but I will start with this...Thank you for your excellent service.  You were so helpful, friendly and truly exuberant.    Thank you for checking on us at our table, asking if we needed anything.  I have always loved Schlotzskys, and it is one of my favorite sandwich shops, but I will say that I plan on making a point to specifically visit your store again, and here is why:


Thank you for introducing yourself to my boys, first to my oldest son who has a rare craniofacial syndrome called Apert Syndrome.  You introduced yourself to him, asked him his name and shook his hand, and told him that he was a very handsome young man.   He then said, without prompting from his mom, to you, "thank you," and you said, "you're welcome."  This in itself is a huge accomplishment.  You see, we are used to stares and avoidance.   But on top of that, Logan is an introvert.  You have no idea how much this meant to me as his mom, to see someone acknowledge him, seeing him as a person and not someone to avoid. Thank you for not being afraid of taking that chance that no matter what, you might make someone's day.  Well rest assured Tiffany, you did.  You made all of us smile, and you made a thirteen year-old boy who has had 11 surgeries to correct his skull and facial bones, feel like he was just like every other customer in that restaurant.  Not only are you an exceptional manager and a true testimony of what kindness is, but an angel in disguise.
Sincerely,
Lisa Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment